Last week I shared an Instagram of 5 things I always grab at Trader Joe’s and it was one of the highest engagement posts I have had in a long time! It seems that I am not alone in my love affair with TJs and everyone has at least 1 favorite items from the grocery store. Since 5 favorites was clearly not enough today I am sharing my 20 favorite items that I can’t live without (okay, that sound extreme, but, ya know!)
- Cauliflower Gnocchi – This is hands down my favorite of the moment, I grab at least 2 bags every time I stop by Trader Joe’s. It’s super easy to make and can be doctored up with anything from just a touch of butter to sage, pesto, marinara, or shredded manchego cheese.
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning – I use this on EVERYTHING! Avocado toast, eggs, roasted sweet potatoes, chicken…it’s just so good.
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust – When I crave pizza I usually don’t want the carbs so this is a great option. It’s plain so you can top it any way you want. My recent go-to has been a BBQ Chicken Pizza.
- Mexican Street Corn – A few years ago the Ace in Palm Springs had this amazing corn & cotija dip as an appetizer and I ordered it every time we went…I even went so far as to ask the chef for the recipe to recreate it at home. This Mexican Street Corn is almost the same and comes frozen so you can throw it in the freezer until you need it!
- Coconut Aminos – We use this instead of soy sauce in our house and it tastes exactly the same!
- Southwest Salad – I always buy one of these. It’s a great side with BBQ chicken or steak but I love to throw some Mexican Street Corn, black beans, and taco meat on top for a filling dinner.
- No Guilt Guac – This is made with Greek Yogurt and is the perfect addition to breakfast burritos, salads, or simply alone with some tortilla chips.
- Roasted Plantains – I recently discovered these and they are perfect for snacking on the No Guilt Guac or Hummus.
- Canned Coconut Milk – I started keeping this on hand recently for afternoon frothed coconut lattes, weekend french toast, and smoothies.
- Pumpkin Butter – Do I even need to explain this one? I use it on everything when it’s in season and have even been known to throw it in a blender with a frozen banana, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla protein powder, and almond milk.
- Coconut Cold Brew – I mean, duh! Add a splash of that coconut milk for an extra tropical taste!
- Mediterranean Hummus – Lately I have been making my own hummus each week but this is always a favorite when we are heading to the lake or have company coming over.
- Truffle Honey Mustard – Truffles. That’s it. In all seriousness, this is so good on wraps or with the chicken sausage from TJs.
- Frozen Meatballs – I keep these on hand for a quick lunch (just add a little grated manchego), an easy app if company stops by, or on top of quinoa with veggies for a fast dinner.
- Chili Spiced Mango – A girlfriend introduced me to these years ago and I love keeping them around for a sweet snack when the craving hits.
- Gone Bananas – A package of these always lives in the freezer, They are frozen banana slices covered in chocolate. You’re welcome.
- Bleu Cheese Roasted Pecan Dip – This one may sound odd but just trust me. I cut up some apple use that to snack on this. It’s savory and sweet and pretty much amazing.
- Le Ferme Julien Rose – Okay guys…this is the gold standard of daily rose in my opinion…$5.99 a bottle and worth every penny!
- Honey Wheat Pretzel Sticks – A different friend got me hooked on these recently and I love/hate her for it! They are just sweet enough but the light coating of salt is the perfect complement.
- Baked Lemon Ricotta Cheese – Full disclosure: this was a seasonal offering last Christmas and has not been around since. I’m not sure if TJs is planning to bring it back to stores this year but if they do RUN don’t walk to grab some! It’s cheese but thanks to the baked lemon it is slightly sweet and really begs the questions: should you eat it with a cracker as a snack or with some ice cream as dessert?
What are some of your favorite Trader Joe’s items?
2 thoughts on “20 of My Favorite Items from Trader Joe’s”
I’m all about that No Guilt Guac!
Seriously, so yummy!