Hey guys, happy hump day! I am currently on a little vacation and enjoying some much needed down time. We spent all afternoon yesterday in the pool, enjoying our last day in the 90s for the foreseeable future and have plans to spend 4 days in Joshua Tree next week. With Summer in full swing I thought it would be a great time to share a few rules I follow when getting dressed for the hot, hot days.
1. Stick to natural fabrics. – I feel like this one should be a no-brainer but you’d be surprised how often I see women out in synthetic fabrics that just don’t breathe. Stick to cotton or linen on those super hot days!
Shop my Romper HERE.
2. Sandals FTW – This one also seems like a “duh” rule to follow but you’d be surprised how much hotter you feel in a pair of sneakers or booties when the temps climb.
Shop my sandals HERE.
3. Embrace the Messy Bun – Sorry honey (he hates a bun)! I have hair to the middle of my back and it keeps me hot, hot, hot during the Summer and I find myself always throwing it up in a messy bun or top knot.
You can shop similar sunnies HERE.
4. Keep it Simple in Breezy Dresses – I have found that this time of year the easiest way to get dressed, look cute, and keep cool is to rock lightweight dresses day in and day out.
Shop this dress HERE.
5. Rock a Hat – Summer and high temps mean more chances to damage your skin with those strong rays. I find myself grabbing a hat almost daily (and then switch my top knot to a low bun) and it instantly adds protection from the sun and a little style to even a simple dress.
Shop my hat HERE.