I can’t believe it’s already Labor Day Weekend! Seriously, when did that happen??? With the prospect of Summer coming to an end (I say prospect because like in good California girl I know that we have at least 2 more months of gorgeous weather in store for us) we finally got up to Lake Arrowhead, CA where my family lives. I have to confess, though it’s hardly a confession to my friends, I am UH-BSESSED with being at the lake and being on a boat. It’s my happy place and truly makes me feel totally at peace. Thanks to our good friends we got to spend Sunday cruising around Arrowhead, drinking Bloody Marys, and soaking up the perfect mountain sun.
The lake is one of those places where make up and getting dressed up is obsolete. Living there in the past I would roll out of bed, throw on my bikini and shorts, put a hat on and off I went! The Denim & Supply tunic I wore over my bikini an effortless way to still feel chic (bonus: it’s on sale!!!).
After spending hours on the water I got to thinking about my upcoming Labor Day and the essentials to survive:
- Patriotic Bikini – Judge all you want but my Billabong Red, White, and Blue bikini makes 3 appearances each Summer and it always signals a long weekend.
- A Huge Tote – I love my LV for pools, beaches, and boats but some may opt for something slightly less expensive. Whatever you choose make sure it can hold a towel, sunblock, hat, and wallet.
- Sunblock – I mentioned a few weeks back that I swear by Australian Gold for my sun protection. I also adore Maui Babe Bronzing Lotion to amplify my color…plus it smells so yummy!
- Easy Cover Up – Whether lounging poolside, partaking in a day on the beach, or relaxing on a lake a cover up that can quickly take you inside for a cocktail or lunch is a must. I also love cut off shorts and an easy tank (like those from Daydreamer LA)
- Bloody Marys – I am a self proclaimed Bloody Mary connoisseur. I don’t really feel like it’s a Summer celebration until I get my hands on a spicy, well garnished Bloody. At home (or on the boat) I enjoy mine in fun plastic cups with kitschy straws (like THESE and THESE) and plenty of snacks on top. I always use Tito’s Vodka and Mrs. Ts Bold & Spicy Mix.
What are some of your Labor Day essentials?
As always, thanks for reading!
Cover Up (on sale! Also love THIS) // Sandals (old but love THESE, THESE, and THESE) // Bag (more options HERE and HERE) // Bracelet (gift from Hawaii but similar options HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE) // Sunnies (also love THESE)